- Use the gooiest chocolate batter you can find.
- After pouring the batter into the cupcake pans, be sure to flatten it down a bit - you want your cupcake tops to come out as flat as possible, to look convincingly like bread.
- We used Starburst to emulate cheese. The orange kind looked best.
- Microwave one unwrapped Starburst at a time on a plastic cutting board
- Depending on the strength of your microwave, time will differ. We did 6 seconds.
- Using your thumb, squish the Starburst flat to about a 2" diameter squarish-circle
- Cut the disc in quarters.
- At time of assembly, put the corners down, peeking out from under the "bun" top
- Use frosting (red for ketchup, yellow for mustard) to cover up the edges of your cheese triangles, creating the illusion that there's a big slice of cheese under there.